The mission of Brigham Young University–Hawaii Theatre Program is to perpetuate knowledge, understanding, and empathy through training, creativity, and performance in an effort to uplift, empower and unite God's children.
Theatre offers a solid foundation for your future endeavors. It allows you to prepare for careers that are increasingly dependent on the humanities—careers in performance, public office, education, non-profit, and the corporate sector. Graduates with degrees in theatre can become professional actors, directors, designers, stage managers, arts administrators, talent agents, teachers, entrepreneurs, lawyers, marketing specialists, and sales directors.
What a Theatre Minor Can Do for You
- Be a part of a team! A theatre minor perfectly complements ALL majors and is impressive to employers.
- Cultivate a greater sense of awareness and the ability to communicate with focus and effectiveness.
- Command of your voice with the ability to present yourself well in groups or presentations.
- A diverse understanding of texts and how to analyze them quickly and glean their meaning.
- Learn more about yourself—your strengths and weaknesses.
- Helps you find more empathy and understanding for people from different backgrounds.